We invite you to join us for a One-Day Sesshin at Berkeley Zen Center, Saturday, November 11, from 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM. (Please note the time change: we will begin at 6:00 AM, and will include both breakfast and lunch). This sesshin will be led by Carol Paul, and will close our Fall Aspects of Practice Period.
1. Deadline to sign up is Noon on Thursday, November 9. In-person attendance will be limited to 33 people. Those who sign up after we reach the 33-person limit will be placed on a waiting list.
SIGN UP BY CLICKING HERE:
2. The sesshin will also be offered online; sign up using the same link.
3. For all sesshin attendees, proof of vaccination and booster shots are required to participate. Indoor masking is now optional, but social distancing protocols will still be observed.
4. Breakfast and Lunch will be served in the zendo using the traditional oryoki form. To purchase a set of oryoki bowls, check our website for a link. An oryoki refresher class will occur during the second period of zazen. For further information please contact Ellen Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. We will have a short work period, so please bring work clothes you can change into.
6. Dokusan will be offered by Carol Paul, and practice discussion by Sue Oehser – both in person and online.
7. The sesshin fee is $35 for in-person attendees (or whatever you can afford). You may pay online, or you can send a check to BZC at:
Berkeley Zen Center
1931 Russell Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
Attention: Office Manager, Helen Cheng