SIGN UP BY CLICKING HERE:
We invite you to join us for a One-Day Sesshin at Berkeley Zen Center, Saturday, October 14, from 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM. This sesshin will be led by Gerry Oliva, and will open our Fall Aspects of Practice Period. (Please note the time change: we will begin at 6:00 AM, and will include breakfast as well as lunch).
1. Deadline to sign up is Noon on Thursday, October 12. In-person attendance will be limited to 33 people. Those who sign up after we reach the 33-person limit will be placed on a waiting list.
2. The sesshin also be offered online; you may sign up using the same link.
3. For all sesshin attendees, proof of vaccination and booster shots are required to participate. Social distancing protocols will still be observed, but indoor masking is now optional (unless smokey conditions warrant a change).
4. Both breakfast and Lunch will be served in the zendo using a the traditional oryoki form. To purchase a set of oryoki bowls, check our website for a link. An oryoki refresher class will occur during the second period of zazen.
5. We will have a short work period, so please bring work clothes you can change into.
6. Dokusan will be offered by Gerry Oliva and Laurie Senauke, for both in-person and online participants.
7. The sesshin fee is $25 for in-person attendees. You may pay online, or you can send a check to BZC at:
Berkeley Zen Center
1931 Russell Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
Attention: Office Manager, Helen Cheng