Sesshins are an essential part of our practice at BZC. This Beginner’s Sesshin, led by Vice Abbot Hozan Alan Senauke, is organized as an introduction to sesshin and Zen forms and will take place Sunday, January 28, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We will offer instruction in the basics—zazen, kinhin, service—while maintaining our ground in meditation throughout the day. Newer members are particularly encouraged to take part, but we also welcome older students to enjoy the sitting and model our practice. Bring a bag lunch, which we will eat informally in silence at midday.
- Fee for the day is $20. Please pay in advance. Leave checks marked “sesshin fee” in the donation slot in the laundry room door.
- Deadline for signup is Thursday, January 25. Sign up on the bulletin board or email Hozan.
- Please do not wear perfumes, scents, or scented body-care products in the zendo.
- If you’ve never been to a sesshin at BZC, or have further questions, contact Hozan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-845-2215.
- There will be no refund for last-minute cancellations or no-shows.